Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE OneView Review

Valuable Features

• Automation
  • Simplicity of use
  • Time saving
  • Structured
  • Balanced network application

Improvements to My Organization

For a company like ours, we need to make sure that all of our data and customers are protected. OneView allows us to do that by reducing our stress and time.

Room for Improvement

For future releases of OneView, I would say, let me control my cloud. Let me do stuff from the command line myself. I would love to be able to do simple things from my end with a bit of space to adjust my preferences for myself. Perhaps open the command line for Windows and let me work with it.

It is stable if you are able to understand how it works. You can’t pretend to come to this new style of IT and have it work the way you did with old technologies. If you can make sure that you understand the workarounds for your challenges, then OneView is very stable.

As long as you’re running OneView on your private cloud and you have control of it, it's scalable.

I don’t like HP support very much, as they tend to transfer me to random places that don’t help me very much.

I used to have a consulting company using open source software for healthcare for small businesses. I wanted to ensure that security was paramount in my business. After I did a risk analysis for a company, I recommended that they move to a private cloud, which was a huge project for a small company like theirs.

HP was their vendor, and they helped them move towards the solution they needed. OneView came out then, and so I checked out HP’s product line for my needs at the time as well.

It’s very straightforward but, unfortunately, not very user friendly. When you’re dealing with private infrastructure, it will always take time to implement from the get-go.

Other Advice

First, that it’s simple. It saves me time and is easy to use. It releases stress for me, and since I’m working with federal law, I really need to make sure that all of my customers and their data are protected properly.

Go to the field and see what the clients are going through. Don’t just use case studies; check for the real stuff. What are others struggling with, and why is that important, and will this affect us? Make sure that vendors can solve real-life scenarios because that’s what you’re struggling with as well.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE OneView?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.