HPE OneView Review

Using this product, we can create one trunk and push it to all of the blades and the enclosures. They could improve the speed of pushing out a profile.

What is most valuable?

I think ease of use is the most valuable feature. It saves us a huge amount of time. Normally, when we go and add a VLAN, we have to do it in a per-enclosure and per-blade basis. But when we use OneView, we can create one trunk and we can push it to all of the blades and the enclosures, and that saves us a huge amount of time.

How has it helped my organization?

Having one pane of glass is another benefit. We’ve got an entire blade system from one pane of glass. We’re able to see any alerts or any issues from there.

It has just saved us a huge amount of time, which lets us look at other things, more productive things.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement, especially with the speed of things. If we push a profile out, it takes several minutes; if we could improve the speed of pushing out a profile.

I think we want to get a 3PAR integrated with OneView and see what we can do with that. That's our next target.

We haven't had any issues with it. We have only had it for a few months now, but we haven't had any issues. It works fine.

I think the only problem we have is when we move an enclosure we've already got that hasn't got OneView. That takes a bit of planning. We have to empty that enclosure and then add it in. There is a bit of work to do, but anything new goes straight in. It's not a problem.

Rather than just import it into OneView – apparently it loses all the settings that we've got – we'll empty that enclosure, pop the blades into another enclosure, and then import that into OneView. Then, we move everything back after we've done that.

I don't think we have used technical support for OneView.

Before OneView, we would just log on to the onboard administrator (OA) and the virtual connects (VCs) directly.

I think we only looked at OneView. We knew what we wanted to do.

The most important criteria to me when choosing a vendor and a product are customer references, how have other people have found it. Price is always an important one as well.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure what the other competitors are out there, to be perfectly honest. It works fine for us. As I’ve mentioned, it saves us a huge amount of time whenever we are setting up new systems. I recommend it for infrastructure monitoring.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.