HPE OneView Review

In takes us less time to deploy more servers. Support needs to improve.

What is most valuable?

You can deploy a server faster. Another benefit is easy management as compared to other solutions that we have used. There is no other solution you can use if you have HPE hardware, since you need the tooling feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It take us less time to deploy more servers. That's what tooling does.

What needs improvement?

I would advise them to improve their support by treating it like software. Now they are treating it as hardware.

The support team needs to change their mindset. There is a need to take the time with your customer. Perhaps carry out a room session and let that explain what the problem is. HPE needs to invest more as the level of support in India needs to be higher in terms of OneView knowledge. The HPE support team is smart but the issue is that they don't have enough knowledge of that product.

It's stable. The real pain is in support.

The product is scalable.

The technical support is terrible. They don't know what to do if you have an error; they cannot solve it. They tell you incorrect things and don't listen to the customer. They want to see log files instead of carrying out a room session to see what the problem is.

There was no other solution prior to this one. We felt that we needed OneView because it could do more in less time and in an easier way. We have accomplished that and there is no problem there.

I was involved in the setup process. It was easy and straightforward. There was really no problem with the tool, only with support.

What other advice do I have?

You should use the product but not the support. That's really painful.

The roadmap of the product looks fine and we are pleased with it.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.