HPE OneView Review

It is easy to set up and provides centralized management for different types of equipment. It does not support some equipment we have.

What is most valuable?

It provides a centralized management system for storage, switches and servers and helps to monitor all of this equipment. All of this is possible with one tool. Mostly, we have products and the ability to have one dashboard is very efficient for us.

How has it helped my organization?

It's time saving and in turn cost saving, so that is good for me and my company.

What needs improvement?

It needs to support more types of equipment. Some types of equipment we have are not supported with OneView, so we cannot monitor those on OneView. For example, the HPE 6125 Switch Series are not supported and we would like to see that resolved soon.

It's very stable.

It is scalable. When we add any equipment in OneView, it holds on without any problems.

We have used technical support and it is very good.

Prior to this product, we used dashboards, i.e., a separate dashboard for each type of equipment. For example, one dashboard for switches, another one for the servers and one dashboard for storage. It was complicated. Now we have one login and one password for all; it is good.

The setup of the product was very easy. We installed it very quickly. The function to discover equipment on the network showed up automatically in the dashboard. It was very quick; took us around an hour.

We did look at other vendors namely Dell, since we had other Dell dashboards.

The reason we chose HPE was to have two different vendors for security considerations. We wanted to have separate vendors within the security space. We want a good mix from different vendors with different architecture.

What other advice do I have?

You should test it.

Some types of equipment are not supported and there is need for improvement.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.