HPE OneView Review

We can administer multiple servers simultaneously and upgrade firmware. I would like an improved IP range.

What is most valuable?

The ability to administer multiple servers simultaneously, upgrade firmware, and add the client support pack.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefits are a single pane of glass, usability between the servers, storage, and network.

What needs improvement?

I would love the ability to either import a range of IPs for the ILO, or be able to do a scan. If they could improve the IP range, that would be great.

Stability seems fine. I haven't had any down time.

Scalability seems to be pretty good. It's a little small for what we have right now for a number of servers, but I think it will grow.

I haven't needed technical support.

We did not use a different solution. I try to stick with a vendor with the hardware. When looking for a vendor, specifically for this product, it has to do with our activity and our hardware so we are able integrate our APIs with the system.

I was involved in the initial setup and it was very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend doing a beta test.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.