HPE OneView Review

I like the ability that we can manage multiple enclosures as it's like one stop shopping.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability that we can manage multiple enclosures within OneView. It's like one stop shopping. You can manage all the server profiles, you can do everything from a blade enclosure standpoint using OneView. That's one of the things I like.

How has it helped my organization?

Benefits include ease of use and one stop shopping. Just one place to go to manage your infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of any improvements off hand honestly. I know we tend to have issues with our server profiles. That's something that we've not really dug deep into, but that seems to be a problem. When we're changing server profiles and applying them we run into some red flags occasionally.

It seems to be a very stable product for us.

I totally think it's scalable. I don't know the limits, as far as the number of enclosures and that type of stuff that it can support, but for the size of our environment it's very scalable.

I haven't used the technical support.

We didn't have a solution previously. This was part of a larger product that we did for bringing in a three part storage, and migrating the new 3PAR and C7000 enclosures.

The setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. I think it sounds like that's the way that HP is driving everything, to the OneView type user interface. I know the management console for 3PAR is very similar to OneView, so I think they're just driving things to that type of user interface. They are also willing to work side by side with you.