HPE OneView Review

Ease of use and the single-pane-of-glass are the most valuable features. It is very difficult to use the reporting functionality.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use and that it is a single-pane-of-glass are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

It enables faster deployment and it is easy to see the issues. Reporting is just much easier, it is just a better functionality.

What needs improvement?

There is need to make it a bit easier to federate across all of our OneVew implementations that we have, so just make it easier.

The lack of dashboard and reporting functionalities is not clear. They should carry more solutions to try and get the reporting that I need out of all of my different storage devices, i.e., VBAs and Blue Cars; they've got to do a better job and unify it for us. Currently, it's not there and it is very difficult to report.

Stability is a hit and miss.

We're not fully there yet, i.e., in the sense to fully leverage the scalability. However, we do know that it's available to us. Let's just say, it is an early adoption for us.

Responsiveness is the most important factor while selecting a vendor.

The setup was actually straightforward.

We evaluated HPE, just because they're prevalent in our environment. From the hardware perspective, we looked at SHI, on the networking side we evaluated Cisco and on the virtualization side, we evaluated Veeam, Microsoft, and Red Hat.

The reason why we decided to choose HPE is because, from a server-hardware vendor, their R&D budget is the largest and they invest the most than any other vendor, that's out there right now. So, that was the primary reason. They appear to be more cutting-edge than anybody else in terms of both the hardware and the software right now.

What other advice do I have?

To make it easier, HPE is a good solution. If you have the time to engineer and customize a solution, then you will be fine with it or with any other vendor or even with a white box, for that matter. Typically in terms of flexibility and speed, HPE is a good solution.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.