HPE OneView Review

We have hardware or blades that can't see themselves within the enclosure of this tool managing them.

What is most valuable?

I have heard of what the benefits are supposed to be and we're trying to get to that state, but we're just not there yet.

How has it helped my organization?

Before OneView, for us, we were trying to manage all the separate enclosures with the Virtual Connect tools and it was cumbersome. To be honest, it was never done because it was so cumbersome. So, hopefully, OneView is going to resolve that issue, however, it just hasn't yet for us.

What needs improvement?

We are just now starting to bring it up, it has taken us around eight weeks and we haven't still been successful to bring it up. We have hardware or blades that can't see themselves within the enclosure of OneView managing them.

Hopefully, it's just going to be more stable and we can get functional, i.e., get up and running quicker than what we've seen.

The product is not stable.

We have used technical support, I would give them a 5/10 rating.

We would like to see quicker times for a resolution. It seems like when you get on the call, the technical support you have is this one level tier, who ask for a bunch of data logs and then, you get to the other technical guys who ask for the same information. You go on with this continual loop for weeks on end.

Previously, we were not using any other solution; it was just managing the virtual connecting individually. We really didn't have a choice in selecting a particular product as such, that was just the direction in which the organization was going.

We looked at CISCO's DCS platform, but we're an HPE shop and there was no major direction to change.

The hardware's reliability and manageability are important criteria while selecting a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

Just make sure you put it through the paces. Again, I don't know what failed in our deployment. I've talked to some of the escalation engineers at the conference and hopefully, they're going to come back and resolve the issue. But, our IT is lean. We don't have time to be beta testers for new products, we need a product that's going to be stable out of the get-go.

More HPE OneView reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco UCS Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Micro Focus and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.