HPE OneView Review

Easy to create templates for server profiles but needs better reporting capabilities

What is most valuable?

I like that it is quite easy to

• add servers and get them monitored and manageable
  • create templates for server profiles
  • see if all my servers are on correct firmware levels, with SPP packaging.

What needs improvement?

It needs more reporting capabilities.

I haven't had any real downtime. I have experienced when it hangs for a couple of seconds, or minutes, but no downtime. When it hangs it's quite annoying, everything should happen immediately.

In regards to scalability, it is going to meet our needs, at least now. I have eight 1U instances, that cover the central environment and also the distributed environments that we have. I'm going to install the global dashboard, so we have the umbrella over everything, so it's easy to see and manage it.

Tech support is knowledgeable, responsive. I have good contacts, so they do care.

The setup is much simpler. I was working with the previous product, HPE SIM, and that was a lot worse to set up. This is really easy to set up.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a seven out of 10 because I think it has good potential, and they are developing it more and more, so it's getting better and better.