HPE OneView Review

Alerts regarding server issues or faulty components allow us to take action more quickly

How has it helped my organization?

More efficient. We're quicker in solving problems, taking action to solve problems.

What is most valuable?

It monitors all our servers, and if there is any problem it straight away sends us an alert. If It's a faulty component, we can see it from there. It sends an alert.

What needs improvement?

The interface is a bit bland. It does its job, but it could have a better interface.

We've had no issues whatsoever, so far.

It should meet our needs going forward, but we're probably looking into buying, at some point, the paid version of OneView. It gives you extra, but we need to see what it gives you. Within one year, I reckon.

They're quite responsive, actually. Whenever we've had any issues and raised a ticket, they've straightened it up within an hour, maximum. And then, even if there is a component that we need to have replaced, they send an engineer or they send the component on that day.

We're quite happy actually with HP support.

What other advice do I have?

HPE has been around for years and we know they're going to be for even longer. We're quite happy using them over the years, from the previous management up to now, everyone's happy with it. Everything we ask for is there. Support-wise they're great, product-wise they have what we need. I'm quite happy, overall.

For the version that we have, I give it eight out of 10, because it does exactly what we need. Obviously with a better interface, maybe be 10 out of 10.