HPE OneView Review

Gives us one platform to monitor and access/configure all servers and storage

How has it helped my organization?

The anticipation of improvement comes from our partner. They have experience with other customers, most of the time bigger customers. They said this is a good direction to start heading in, it's future proof and it will simplify management of your equipment. So we're trusting the partner.

What is most valuable?

Having one platform to monitor and to access or configure all the servers or the 3PAR, etc.

It's rather simple to use, and that's very important for us. Being an IT person - I'm working for a chemical organization - we have to know a lot, but we can't be specialized in anything. So it's good that it's simple, that we can use it for just normal daily work.

What needs improvement?

I cannot say. Maybe there will be, but my experience is not deep enough at this moment.

Less than one year.

It's a stable product, it's working fine.

Even thought we just started using it, I'm sure about the scalability. That's also the reason why we started with it. It will become one product we can use more and more, we can add other items to it. It also looks it will be a standard inside HPE. They will keep on using this for a long time.

To be honest, I'm not really communicating with HPE support on this product.

We had some issues when we were implementing 3PAR, then we were communicating and the communication was really good. It was a hard issue, but they really put the effort in it to supporting us and to bring a solution. I appreciated it. Even if it was not a nice time, they did everything that was possible to fix it.

What other advice do I have?

We have not been using it so long actually. It was implemented by our partner a few months ago and now we are starting to put all our equipment inside OneView.

At this time I would say it's an eight out of 10, which is rather good, because the product is working. It's implemented at our site and we can use it without many problems, and it is being used - and that's very important. Very often you implement a product and there it stops. But it's really being used. I'm looking at it, very often. I will not say every day, but often.