Performance Center Review

It is used for applications where we have many users.

What is most valuable?

Performance Center, in our company, is used for important applications where we have a lot of users, or special needs for performance that are important.

We have a central team that implements the scripts and executes the tests. It depends on the years of experience of the users. The investment goes down, then we have more issues. Then money is spent and then investment goes up. So it is a curve. Everything is going up, as it is in ALM. ALM is still a growing market.

What needs improvement?

With Performance Center, the version upgrade is easy. You just have to roll out the new patch or the new version. It is much easier. I'm not really the right person to say, because I run the environment. We have a specialized team that does development.

I’ve been using Performance Center since 2007.

Performance Center is more stable than ALM. We roll out a version, and I think it fits for our clients. If it is a very early version, then we have to implement a patch. Afterwards, it is quiet, hopefully, for at least one or two years.

For Performance Center, you have to add additional load generators, and then you can do more. I think it is a matter of the price, in terms of how many machines you can buy.

For such an experienced team as mine, who have been with the product for over ten years, sometimes working with technical support is not that easy. Support does not have our knowledge. It takes a while to train them in what our issues are and we have to connect to second or third level support.

The collaboration between us and HPE, especially over the past ten years, has been very good. This is the most important thing when looking at a vendor. For that reason, I try to bring in more HPE products, if needed.