HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

Scalability, rapidness, and computing are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

The scalability, rapidness, and computing are actually very good. It's a Gen9 server that we've been working with, so it is pretty good.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is that they're pretty reliable. Reliability is pretty much what we need.

What needs improvement?

There is need to improve the iLO support. There's a management part of the server that they've improved and that was a big deal.

The product is very stable and the support is very good.

Scalability is very good. We were able to move from the servers and upgrade them very easily. It has worked very nicely and is serving generation to generation over the years, so it is pretty good.

The technical support was very good. We have a pretty decent relationship; we have a four-hour onsite repair.

We've tried other products and have had some issues in the past. However, HPE has been the most reliable solution.

We have different locations; in my location, I was involved in the setup. It was pretty straightforward.

We have used IBM and Compaq back in the day.

For us, an important factor while selecting a vendor is that the actual company backing the product. We know that we're a company that has been around a long time in the industry.

What other advice do I have?

You would be foolish not to be looking into HPE. A lot of their products seem very interesting and they are very useful in our field.

More HPE ProLiant DL Servers reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about HPE ProLiant DL Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.