HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

Very stable, 100% scalable, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

It is mainly an x86 Intel server. There are some versions of AMD processors as well. You can use it for many purposes. You can use it as a web server, a backup server, a database server, or an application server. You can use it for any main purpose for which you need a server.

It is mainly on-premises, but you can also deploy it in a cloud.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable. This is the feedback that I'm getting from my customers for the hardware. It is also 100% scalable.

HPE is also very specialized when it comes up to the server industry. It is not only about the rack servers; it is also about the blade servers. They were the first ones to bring these to the market more than ten years ago.

What needs improvement?

It has something called WorldView. They should do some enhancement over WorldView to run an operating system as a code. Such a feature would be amazing for running multiple servers. They are already working on this, and they can enhance the existing versions for this.

It should also be cheaper. It is currently expensive.

I have been selling this solution for almost six years.

It is very stable.

It is 100% scalable. We have about a hundred customers.

I don't directly get in touch with them, but I haven't heard anything bad about it.

The initial setup is not complicated for HPE or any other server.

It is expensive. Its price should be better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate HPE ProLiant DL Servers an eight out of ten.

More HPE ProLiant DL Servers reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about HPE ProLiant DL Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.