HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

A reliable solution to run standard and proprietary applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is reliability. We virtually have no problems with it. We run most of our applications on ProLiant DLs. We also run Exchange, and proprietary applications such as Attorney Information Manager and an accounting package called ProVantage.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization in terms of providing more speed and reliability while being low maintenance. We're totally dependent upon it as we move forward.

What needs improvement?

There's nothing that I would add to it, except maybe on the dashboard. There could be a little more analytics. I would like to see some proactive warnings about maintenance issues. If we were to have an issue, I'd like some more advanced warning. I’d like to see some alerting features. We’ve only a few issues, but I would like to see some alerting improvements.

In terms of stability, It's a perfect fit. We have had no stability issues whatsoever.

It's been very scalable. Maintenance wise it's a non-issue.

We have used their 24-hour tech support. They've been very good and responsive. They meet the deadline.

Before choosing HPE, we looked at Dell. Between Dell and HPE, I think you get a lot of similar bells and whistles but I think in the end HPE is the king.

What other advice do I have?

HPE has excellent maintenance agreements. They provide on-site, 24-hour response times. They deliver agreements. We're not ones to readily replace equipment so they have good extended warranties, which we rely on pretty regularly. This was one of the more important criteria because I work for a law firm and they're not big on shelling out money, unless they absolutely have to. We get the biggest bang for the buck with HPE. Again, I think it's the warranty service that you receive from the HPE that makes the difference. It's reliable. You should always shop around for price. Vendors are always willing to compete in the marketplace.

More HPE ProLiant DL Servers reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Lenovo and others in Rack Servers. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.