HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

We use it to host software development environments.

What is most valuable?

The reliability and the support are probably the most reliable features for us. We enjoy the fact that support is quite good and the products do what they're supposed to do. We use it to host a lot of software development environments, so up-time is important to us. HP's products are very reliable.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are that it allows us deliver solutions to our software developers faster and the up-time is maintained.

What needs improvement?

• More adoption of Intel's new processors
  • More SSD technology
  • More NVMe technology
  • Keeping the price down. (It's always the price, right?)

Stability is very good with HPE products. There is a lot of development going into their products and you can see that when the products go into our production data center.

Scalability is very good as well. There are always options to buy bigger products, to add on disc storage, and to increase compute power.

We use technical support all the time. They are very good. I would give them a rating of 8/10. No technical support organization is perfect.

We knew we needed to invest in this solution because our customers told us. They needed more compute. We develop software, so they needed processing and compute power, so that they can get products to market faster.

I was more or less involved in the initial setup. It was complex. We host different types of environments, so some of them are simple, but some of them are complex. We deal with a lot of:

• Servers
  • Storage
  • Customers
  • Software configurations
  • Operating systems
  • Relationships between all of those components

We always look at other vendors, such as Dell and Supermicro. When looking for a vendor, usually price is important, obviously, as well as the stability of the products.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that they can't go wrong.