HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

Some of the valuable features are Standardization and low-cost of ownership.

What is most valuable?

• Manageability
  • Ease of maintenance
  • Convenience
  • Standardization

How has it helped my organization?

Ease of management and the low-cost ownership.

What needs improvement?

Since the management went from HPE SIM into OneView, the problem is that the older generations are not supported by OneView. The new ones are supported by OneView. We have two management platforms to manage these DL servers and it's kind of a pain in the neck. We like integration.

It's very stable.

It is scalable. The blade systems are very scalable. We just add blades as close as we need them.

I have used technical support, and they are good. Sometimes the telephone technicians go through the manual instead of with us. We already told them that we changed the stuff and we just need the part. It takes a little long sometimes.

The solution was already there when I joined, but it was the much older generation. We've been using DL380 since the first generation and we are now at Generation 9.

I was involved in the setup and it was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

HPE DLs are very easy to implement. There is a lot more manageability now than there used to be. The IDOL 4S is great at managing.

When selecting a vendor, we like to have an all-in-one solution, i.e., one company behind all the different products. We like to be able to have support when needed and a partner who can give us stuff as we need it.