HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

It builds very well, is easy to install, is easy to maintain, is easy to administer remotely.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to run a lot of virtual machines at the same time. It helps me do a lot of testing, so I can build a virtual machine and try things out on it. If it doesn't work, I can just recreate it.

What needs improvement?

I guess more regular automatic updates would be nice. Sometimes when you call support they'll say, "Well, what version of frameware are you on?" And you'll say, "Version X, Y, Z," and they'll say, "You need to be on A, B, C."

The stability is rock solid.

I have not tried scaling it.

Regarding the technical support - it depends on the day, sometimes it's good, sometimes bad, but I always know how to elevate or escalate to get to the next level if I need to.

The setup was straightforward. It's easy to mount the rack, it's got great rails. Power it right up, launch and then you can start configuring it.

The most important aspect when selecting a vendor is ease of use. Probably the most important. We evaluated HP, IBM, Lenovo. We have a better relationship with HP.

What other advice do I have?

Get it because it will work very well for you.