HPE ProLiant DL Servers Review

​It is very stable. I can rate it as a 99.99% stable server.

What is our primary use case?

ML380 ProLiant servers are really excellent servers on the ISMP side. Their performance is very highly satisfying, and it is a good product from HPE.

How has it helped my organization?

On the SMP side, applying 380 servers, it can handle multiple applications and supports a virtual missions environment. It has a good memory, good power storage facility, a redundant power supply, drives, etc. It is a good product on the SMP side.

What is most valuable?

Performance is the main feature of this product. For customers, the performance is excellent. It has been performing very well in the DL380 series interaction, and so far now, it is G10, and it is doing well.

What needs improvement?

We use, the service comes with three year warranty with next business day support. We would like to enhance it with basic service and a better level of support. It is not required in the 380 series, but it is still widely used. So, a better option would be same day support.

It is very stable. I can rate it as a 99.99% stable server from HPE. There is zero downtime, especially in the ProLiant 380 series.

It is highly scalable, not like the other servers. This server has a virtual capacity. We can virtualize up to 8 servers, which we have done, and it has been good.

The scalability is very high in 380, so instead of using the high-end servers, you can use multiple servers and segregate the applications between the servers. The performance is excellent in that area.

We have used their pre-sales, HPE's pre-support services for installation and services, and even our in-house engineers can work with their tech support as well. HPE support works well within our region. They do their job within the next business day.

Initial setup was straightforward.

An investment in DL380 is worth it.

If you have to include the warranty, enhance the warranty support.

No, we were just looking at HPE.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. The vendor guys should know the product well.
  2. They can recommend the right solution. HPE has a wide range of products in its portfolio. So, the vendor team must know HPE products and provide the right product to the customers.