HPE Proliant ML Review

The most important feature for us is that they're simple to manage for administrators and IT infrastructure teams. The software needs some improvement for implementing updates.

Valuable Features

I've used these servers for 20 years since the days of Compaq, and so they're easy for me to use. They're good products and once you learn them, they're simple to manage for administrators and IT infrastructure teams. That's really the most important feature -- the ease of use.

Improvements to My Organization

This is a bit of a strange question because it's not a perfect solution for an organization that is reliant on its customers. The servers are not only for us but for our customers as well because, ultimately, we work for our customers. These servers let us provide the best service to our customers.

Room for Improvement

The software needs some improvement, especially when there's an issue. When implementing software updates, patches, or fixes, sometimes we need to stop a part of the service. Of course, this is downtime that interrupts services and impacts the relationships we have with our customers. We need to be able to rely on software that won't require downtime to update or at least have much more minimal effect on our business when there is a required update.

Deployment has been generally good with only minor issues.

It's very stable, except where I've pointed out the need to stop parts of the services for software updates, patches, or fixes.

It has scaled for us without issues.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward, particularly the hardware. The software has a bit of complexity and there's, again, the issue of updates and patches.