HPE Proliant ML Review

Some of the valuable features are consistency, quality, and dependability.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use. When you use one HPE item, it's very simple to get into anything else, software-wise. It's all about consistency and quality. I would actually say that we've had a lot less down time or minimal issues with the HPE hardware than with any other hardware we've had over the years.

How has it helped my organization?

Dependability. That is a big thing for us, because we are in healthcare.

What needs improvement?

I would like see better integration with OneView.

The product is totally stable, until you're playing around with some of the updates and stuff. Other than that, it is stable.

Scalability is there and it's very good.

Technical support is very good.

We are provincially-driven in Canada. The hardware that we purchase is all purchased through a provincial agreement. We have to go with whatever they go with. We previously had IBM, up to five years ago. Then we had to start implementing HPE gear, due to the provincial requirements, based on RFQs and RFPs.

The setup was very straightforward.

We have been evaluating other options. We have looked here and there at other vendors along the way. We do have other vendor equipment in our data center.

When selecting a vendor, we look for customer service, which is the most important thing, and then product reliability. We need as many nines as we can get.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research and make sure that it fits your solution. There are so many new options out there.