Micro Focus Service Anywhere [EOL] Review
We're finding it quicker to get a ticket open and being able to get to asking customers about their incident issues.

Valuable Features

Having one system that us and one of our major vendors which happens to be HPE are also able to do a ticket exchange on, so we've got smooth interaction of ticket information. We've got faster time for our agents to open tickets. They find the screens really easy to use, and they're pre-populated with information about our users which our old system didn't have that. They're finding it quicker to get a ticket open and being able to get to asking customers about their incident issues.

Room for Improvement

I guess there's two camps. One is tweaks to what's already there for incident management. Incident is one of their most mature modules, but there are still some things that we'd be looking for. Some people granular, specific things around ability. One of them is ability to add more values. A list of values is quite limited right now. We would actually like to see something pretty granular like that. It is tweaking things. Then on a bigger scale, I guess on the request management module. It's not as mature, and so we have got a few things we're looking for there that we're working with HP on.

Use of Solution

We've been live with Service Anywhere since 1st March.

We had one little blip with the portal, but other than that, it's been very solid. We haven't had any performance issues.

I don't think there's going to be any concerns for us. Actually, HPE built a Canadian data center in BC, to meet our data security and privacy requirements. They have scaled that for quite a large amount of on-boarding, and we are definitely seeing on-boarding. Every few months there's a new customer coming on board, but at this point, there's lots and lots of scale there for us.

It's been quite good. We've had a couple of interactions. Again, because it's a new Canadian data center, we have this extra layer in there a couple of times. We're working through some of that as it is relatively new. There's been a little bit of timing issues, but I'd say, for the most part we'd probably give it an eight out of ten.

We have a very old system right now, Paragon 5, which is ancient. I've been using it for 14 years, but we had so heavily customized it, there was no upgrade path. We started looking around for a new product. Then we realized that we already had a strategic partnership with HP, and that they had Service Anywhere as an ITSM product suite. We started looking at that product and seeing if it would meet our needs. It did, so we just entered directly into contract with them for the services.

I would say it's relatively straightforward. Our implementation took a long time, but that was mostly due to us, not to HP. They had a standard methodology, but we didn't want to move that quickly. We wanted to do lots of change management, because our old system had been in use for such a long time. The technical setup, the getting HP to do the configurations, all of that went fairly smoothly. Yeah, one of the other customers in BC on-boarded very quickly onto seven modules in five months, and that was not an issue for them.

Other Advice

Think about your processes first and definitely think about the change management aspect of it. Get people ready. We had a very smooth transition, and I think that's a lot of the reason why. Definitely stay out of the box. I don't have a lot of choice anyways, but I think that has been completely working for us. We've used it as seizing the opportunity to standardize processes in our organization. I think that you'd be having a miss if you didn't do that.