Micro Focus Service Anywhere [EOL] Review

It tracks all actions taken on support activity. We think asset management can be improved.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the support management for all requests and change incidents that we can refer to our customers, and the tracking of all action done on support activity.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to capitalize everything in our company and also to leverage the activity between the teams.

What needs improvement?

We think asset management can be improved. We have 1 dedicated person in the company for this part; it's not me. He needs additional features in order to manage assets more efficiently and receive it automatically when our server starts.

We deployed Service Anywhere in April 2014.

The solution is now quite stable. At the beginning of the deployment process, we had some difficulties, especially in regards to performance. Now, the performance is better and the quality of release has also improved in regards to lesser regression with each residue; it's quite good now.

It is going to meet our company's needs moving forward. In fact, we recently attended a conference to develop and deploy additional features on Service Anywhere and to take full power of the tool. It's fully scalable.

The technical support could be better. The ticket tracking process is sometimes not done properly. It requires you to open a defect and then you get feedback that it is not produced. You discover that the defect is resolved when you read the release notes but you didn't receive any answer from the support team. However, the support will close the defect after the question is already delivered officially.

The setup of the solution is quite easy. There is no need to have high development skills in order to set up this solution. All you need is some logic and then you can apply it directly.

What other advice do I have?

Today, we're looking for a solution that is not too complex. We already have a strategy to go into cloud so we're searching for a cloud solution that will allow us to deploy directly out-of-the-box. We don't want to customize the solution or stay very close to the initial solution.