HPE SimpliVity Review

Valuable replication and backup capabilities, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we implement HPE products such as SimpliVity for our customers. I am not a customer and I do not use all of the products that we sell, although I know these solutions. SimpliVity is a product that also we use ourselves.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are replication and backup.

This solution is very intuitive and flexible.

The vendor was quick to provide support for VMs in the product.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for having different clustered environments for production and testing.

When it comes to performing backups, the dashboard is not intuitive and not user-friendly. This is something that should be improved. It should be easier to perform backups.

I have been using HPE SimpliVity for approximately four years.

Using SimpliVity improves the stability of the environment.

The scalability is the best in the market. We have between 10 and 15 users in our organization, and it is installed in the data center.

Technical support is very good and I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup is easy and it will take five or six hours to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it is easy to deploy and set up replication for use in a data center. It can be used in production for DLP.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

4.0.1
More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.