HPE SimpliVity Review

Stable and easy to deploy with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the virtualization and the hyper-converged solutions in the software backup and recovery as well as the high data reduction rate.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The installation is easy and the deployment is quick.

The configuration is pretty easy. It's a pretty out-of-the-box solution and comes mostly pre-configured for you.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve the high data availability.

The backup and recovery process needs to be faster. Right now, it's a bit slow.

There needs to be more customization capabilities available for customers. That's lacking and clients would really like it if they could better customize the product to better fit their needs.

While the company has worked with the solution for about two years at this point, I'm a newer member of the team and don't have quite the same level of experience.

Our organization has found that the stability of the product is quite good. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been good.

We have about five different customers who are utilizing the solution currently.

The technical support is quite good. We're satisfied with the level of service provided. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

The installation was very straightforward. We didn't find it overly complex. We didn't run into any difficulties in the implementation process.

The deployment was fast and only took about two or three days or so.

We're a solutions integrator and therefore we are able to implement the solution ourselves. We don't need the assistance of consultants.

There are licensing costs involved as virtualization comes pre-packaged in the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization is using the latest version of the solution.

We're both integrators and implementors.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. It's so far worked well for us and our clients.

Overall, I would rate the product at a nine on a scale from one to ten.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.