HPE SimpliVity Review

Provides great compression and a very good deduplication ratio

What is our primary use case?

This solution is for general purpose utilization. We are partners with HPE and I'm a system engineer.

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement to the company has been in terms of data reduction, we're storing more data with a lower footprint.

What is most valuable?

The compression and deduplication ratio would be the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some improvements in terms of simplifying deployment and making it more user friendly. I think the technical support could be improved as well.

I've been using this solution for two years.

With the newer models we can scale as we need. There are 20 users in our office and probably 200 more worldwide.

We've carried out this deployment numerous times so it's not an issue. We're able to carry out the physical implementation in two or three hours. Project management and related work takes about two to three weeks.

The licensing price is okay, there would be extra costs for replication licenses, for RapidDR but nothing on top of that.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to use the best solution for your requirements and use case.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.