HPE SimpliVity Review

Good price, very stable, and scalable with useful compression and deduplication features

What is our primary use case?

It is used for managing the infrastructure. It is combined with VMware software. We are using HPE SimpliVity Generation 10.

What is most valuable?

The compression and deduplication features are most valuable because they allow us to have a small footprint for storage. It is a very stable product, and we are also able to get all that we need in terms of reporting.

What needs improvement?

They should optimize the administration stack because it is consuming too much memory. It ends up consuming 20% of memory. They have another product for this feature, but I would like to have this feature within HPE SimpliVity.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is a very stable product.

It is scalable. Everybody in our organization is using this solution because internally, all our applications are running on it. We have around 50 users and 5 administrators.

We were using HPE BladeSystem.

We worked with a provider, and he installed it.

It is not expensive. We bought its license for two years. For support, we pay yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using it.

I would rate HPE SimpliVity an eight out of ten.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.