HPE SimpliVity Review

In-line data-deduplication and data virtualization.

What is most valuable?

In-line data-deduplication and data virtualization. DR Replication. Fast cloning, fast restores, and fast backups.

How has it helped my organization?

Our deploy times are greatly reduced, but what I love most is our ability to sync de-duped data across to our DR site quickly and efficiently. I hope I never need it, but I feel much better about our situation now that we have SimpliVity if we ever need to fail over to our DR site.

What needs improvement?

Ability to add storage incrementally would be nice.

3 months

Minor issues that were quickly resolved with support.

Not yet.

Very good

Very good.

The initial setup was a bit complex. This was made easier with their deployment guide, and Professional Services group, who handled the deployment.

EMC VxRail

3.5.2
More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.
2 Comments

author avatarOrlee Gillis

Can you describe which elements in the initial setup process were complex, and in what way(s)?

How would you suggest they be simplified?

author avatarit_user543450 (Head of IT at Law Firm)

hi there, in my experience i have seen the most complicated part in setting up all required networks properly. we had an misconfiguration there, which obviously created some difficulties during the deployment. once we have cleaned up our error, the deployment wizard is quite straight forward and easy to follow, although i would not recommend doing it on your own but leave it to the support professionals which are doing such deployments often and know exactly what they are doing.