HPE SimpliVity Review

What is most valuable?

VM backup and recovery.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to Simplivity, we struggled to complete weekly file server backups over the weekend, and full VM restores would take hours. With Simplivity we are able to backup file servers every 4 hours and restore them in less than 20 seconds. These file servers are approximately 2TB.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Simplivity come out with some sort of Simplivity Engineer certification, which would grant me the ability to handle the more technical issues on my own, without having to call support.

Approximately two years.

No issues with deployment.

None.

Not so far

Customer service has been great.

Technical support has been great. They have improved software upgrades dramatically, allowing me to perform my own upgrades without having to call support.

In the past we were running UCS with a NetApp SAN connected via FC. We were ready for a refresh when we saw Simplivity. It looked like a perfect fit.

Initial setup was very easy. We just input IP addresses for each network and the setup wizard took care of everything.

Pricing is a little high in my opinion. Prices have climbed consistently since our purchase and install.

We did an evaluation with Nutanix, but found their data redundancy was not sufficient for us.

3.5.2.90
More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.