HPE SimpliVity Review

A valuable feature is the backup and restore capability

What is most valuable?

• The backup and restore capability
  • The speed with which it backs up
  • Restores can be done in seconds

How has it helped my organization?

The tool makes it more efficient for us. Instead of having to get support for multiple different solutions like storage, compute, and network, and having to contact individual vendors, it's all one solution. We can contact one person and get support over the phone. We don't have to call multiple vendors, having them point fingers at each other.

What needs improvement?

Additional features would be having more visibility into the overall infrastructure and to know what's happening with the VMs.

Stability has been rock solid. We've put it in. The transition was easy, and it stayed up the whole time. There have been no issues at all.

We have not done a whole lot with scalability. We've upgraded a little bit, but based on everything that we've seen, it's easy, simple, and can scale as much as we need it.

I've used SimpliVity and HPE. Once I get a hold of them, they are great. Sometimes, it's a little bit difficult to get a hold of them, but once we do, their technicians are great.

We were using a different solution, and it was reaching end of life. That is when we started evaluating different vendors and products. We didn't know about this tool. We saw their solution, saw the backup and restore, the ability to do disaster recovery and business continuity, and we were sold.

We chose HPE because we ran a test between this and one other competitor. We tested some drive failures and that type of thing, and found out that the data protection was much better with SimpliVity.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria are functionality, performance, and support. We looked at all of those and that's why we chose SimpliVity.

The initial setup was very simple and easy. We had it up in half a day and we were up, running, and migrating our VMs.

What other advice do I have?

I would have them take a look at it and do a proof of concept. They should take a look the backup and restore and the ability to restore very large VMs in seconds.