HPE SimpliVity Review

Our backups are now more efficient and reliable because the system manages them much better for us

How has it helped my organization?

Our backups are now more efficient and reliable because the SimpliVity system manages them so much better for us. It allows us to replicate them as often as we like to another pair of SimpliVity boxes at one of our remote sites.

What is most valuable?

Having one management console to do everything from was a great improvement over dealing with separate hardware for servers, SANs, backups etc. Also, the ability to spin up a new VM within minutes has been a huge time saver.

What needs improvement?

Upgrading the firmware/software could be more seamless (or at least be assigned a technician who could walk us through the process for both the SimpliVity software as well as the VMware software).

The SimpliVity solution has been very reliable and stable for us. A few times over the years where we had errors or hardware issues, they were resolved in a timely manner by SimpliVity support.

It's been pretty good. Before HPE bought Simplivity, I feel the customer service was great. The couple times I have had to contact support after HPE bought SimpliVity, it has been what I have come to expect from large companies.

The techs that I have worked with have been really good and seem to know their stuff.

This was our first hyper-converged solution. Previously, we had used separate blade servers tied to separate SANs tied to separate backup solutions.

With the assistance from SimpliVity engineers who were on site for the initial deployment, everything went very smoothly.

Our solution was recommended by our trusted vendor and SimpliVity engineers were on site to help implement the solution. Everyone was very knowledgeable.

Make sure you plan for future growth and get a solution that has enough storage/resources for years to come. Originally, we thought we were only going to deploy our most critical VMs using this product, but once we saw how much better it was to manage the VMs, back them up, and deploy new VMs, we started moving a lot more servers over to it. Eventually, we had to buy another pair of SImpliVity OmniCubes to accommodate everything.

No, once we found out about the SimpliVity product and saw a demo, we were sold. We have been very happy with our decision.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to consolidate and simplify the management of various servers, definitely look into a solution from SimpliVity.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.