HPE SimpliVity Review

Used in conjunction with Hyper-V and VMware but it's not so stable and there are bugs in the nodes

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the HPE SimpliVity is the DL380 G10. We have mostly been using VMware and Hyper-V. On one side we have Hyper-V and the other side we have the VMware.

What needs improvement?

HPE SimpliVity needs improvement. I know there were some difficulties on the Hyper-V side. They worked very well on the VMware but unfortunately, Hyper-V is not well-developed. You have some bugs on it. On the small nodes, there's no problem, but on the medium and the big nodes they have some improvement to do on the Hyper-V.

Because Hyper-V is not very stable on SimpliVity, we would like a way that they can make an improvement on this, because many of our customers are only on Microsoft and would not like to move on VMware. It would be very nice if we can have a very stable solution for Hyper-V, on the hyper-converged side, so that when you have customers on VMware or Hyper-V we can provide a solution that is stable.

A lot of our customers are using VMware and also are using Hyper-V. Hyper-V is not very stable on the HPE SimpliVity.

What other advice do I have?

We are an HPE partner ourselves. We have access directly to the HPE portal, and our engineers can directly register with HPE training online.

I would give this solution a six out of 10 because it's not so stable and there are some bugs in the nodes.

More HPE SimpliVity reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Learn what your peers think about HPE SimpliVity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.