HPE SimpliVity Review

Fast system with user-friendly GUI and good deduplication features

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest benefit of this solution is that if you use it, you can use it for the company headquarters and also for all the branches. You use the same system, only a smaller size. With SimipliVity you can also use the included backup solution. You don't need any other solution to back up the data or to transfer it.

What is most valuable?

It's a very fast system and the deduplication features are very interesting. You lose no performance when using the deduplication and compression because it depends on a separate card and this card is used for the compression and deduplication so you have no impact on the CPU.

The greatest benefit is the optimization and performance.

What needs improvement?

The price is quite high and the system could also be more scalable.

It would be great if SimpliVity could offer more hardware options. At the moment we have only a small choice of the systems you can buy. I think it would be better to sell it or buy it if they are more options.

I've been using the solution for one year.

I think it's a high stability solution because all the data will be synchronized with all the systems. You can also use some additional services like snapshotting your data and this doesn't add any performance impact.

The solution is not so scalable, because you have only a few options to expand the system.
We have between 100 users and 500 users.

The support is quite good. If you have a question or a problem with the installation you can call on your implementation partner, or you can also call directly to HPE and open a support call. It works quite well.

We previously used a different solution, but SimpliVity is a fully integrated system. You have one vendor who is responsible for the hard and software. That is the main benefit.

The initial setup was quite easy.

We used a consultant to help with the implementation.

We did evaluate other options. The best solution will depend on the customer. But SimpliVity is a very interesting system especially if you have any need in also in recovering your data.

What other advice do I have?

On the one hand, I think the price is really high for the solution. On the other hand, it's got a very user-friendly GUI because it's fully integrated with each center.

I would rate this solution eight out of 10.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.