HPE StorageWorks MSA Review
The benefits are definitely reliability and ease of use. We can fit the products into our racks and we can stack them

What is most valuable?

I guess you'd say it is very durable and reliable, so we use these products in each of our areas. Our company is divided up into different smaller areas, and we use the MSAs to do our data storage and such.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are definitely reliability and ease of use, because, since we are using the same products, we also know that we can contact HP for assistance if we need it. Basically we use those products because they're small and compact. We can fit them into our racks and we can stack them. So ease of use is a great benefit.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure about improvements. I think so far, the way that they're going, the way that the HP roadmap is so far has been pretty good, so I'm happy with what we have, the direction that it's been going so far.

It is a very stable product. Like I say, we use them in all our areas. We have about 30 different program areas and we're using them in most of those program areas due to their reliability and stability.

It is definitely scalable. Like I was saying a little earlier, we use them in all our areas because we know that they're scalable. We can use them to scale up our program area if the area grows.

We always use technical support if we have trouble, like if it breaks and we need to go back on the warranty or if we need assistance with configuration, we do that. We are definitely happy with them.

I was involved in the initial set up. We had to build from scratch, so we had to have all the servers and all the MSAs put into place. It is definitely a straightforward process. Very easy to use and configure.

Our company is basically an HP shop. Cost considerations are definitely important. Reliability and being able to get support from the company are also key issues.

Basically, we have teams, an architect team and senior systems administrative team and we all get together and we discuss the needs of the end-user support. We support a lot of engineers, and they tell us what they're going to be working on and then we do the infrastructure and we figure out the best way to meet their needs.

What other advice do I have?

Basically I would say the same things I said earlier. I would tell him that the products are very easy to use, and there's a lot of online assistance if needed. That's where I always go if I need help, to HP's website for assistance, and if I still really can't figure it out, the customer service is excellent, so that's basically what I would tell them.

Do your own research first on how to configure it and know what you're trying to get out of the equipment prior to trying to install it.