HPE StoreOnce Review

Delivers robust, flexible enterprise-wide data protection

What is our primary use case?

Our client is a government office. They use StoreOnce to store information about the weather as they specialize in meteorology data.

Most of our clients are medium-sized enterprises.

What is most valuable?

I think it's a good solution. The hardware is strong and all the equipment has a good infrastructure. Personally, I think it's the best storage product in HPE for small to medium-sized businesses.

What needs improvement?

HPE StoreOnce should come with a detailed installation guide.

I have been using HPE StoreOnce for two weeks.

With StoreOnce, there are many different options for increasing the storage. I believe it's a good solution if a company needs more space for a reasonable price — it's easy to scale this solution.

The technical support is good. I used their technical support for assistance when I was trying to download the console management software — they resolved that problem in an hour or so.

StoreOnce is very easy to install. No specialized software is required in the installation process. Deployment is also very easy.

The initial setup is not complex but it really depends on the type of server. For example, when you use a normal server, it requires a unique process to install the complete solution. With the StoreOnce server, you have to use another method to install the solution because it's very different. This server has its own software pre-installed in the equipment, so it's different than a normal server.

Overall, deployment took two days. One day to install the hardware, and another day to deploy the software.

Our client evaluated Dell, Lenovo, and Synology. Synology is a cheaper solution for storing data. However, our client was looking for reliable equipment with full-support — Synology doesn't come with support. With Dell and Lenovo, it was also complicated to obtain support in Ecuador. HPE provides the best support in Ecuador.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend HPE StoreOnce — it's a good product. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give HPE StoreOnce a rating of ten.

More HPE StoreOnce reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Veritas and others in Deduplication Software. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.