HPE StoreOnce Review

It has provided us with easier and faster backup, and recovery solutions.

Valuable Features

• Deduplication
  • Performance

Improvements to My Organization

It has provided us with easier and faster backup, and recovery solutions.

Room for Improvement

It needs better integration with third party backup applications.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

No issues with the systems size from VSA (Virtual appliance) to a four couplet system.

7.5/10.

8/10.

Previously, we used tape systems for backup and recovery.

It's an easy installation if you start with the virtual appliance (VSA). There are also white papers and best practices available.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

We have saved time as less is spent on tape handling, and there are fewer hardware issues than with a tape. Also, the ROI has been achieved with faster backup and restores. I would say it takes around 18 months to get ROI.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

A one TB VSA is available for free and there is no need for day-to-day administration, just daily check of backup applications and jobs.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at EMC Datadomain.

Other Advice

Deduplication ratio depends on your data types. Do a Proof of Concept with the free VSA to test the product.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Thanks for the review - If you didn't hear about it, HP StoreOnce was named the backup product of the year by Storage Magazine/TechTarget. There is a blog post you can read on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1B95gUm. Lots of good stuff coming with HP StoreOnce - watch my blog to stay in the loop: www.hp.com/storage/blog.

Thanks again for the review!

13 June 15