HPE StoreOnce Review
Multiple data types can be isolated and segregated to provide multi-tenancy.

Valuable Features

The product was easy for me in terms of architecture, deployment and support. In comparison to other products I have worked with, these areas for HP have high scores.

Improvements to My Organization

It has provided flexible options accommodating a broad range of uses. For example, multiple data types can be isolated and segregated to provide multi-tenancy.

Room for Improvement

Reporting needs to be worked on.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

Yes we did, but it was resolved with a software upgrade.

No issues encountered.

Above average service.

Above average with excellent response times. In one case, I needed a hard drive replaced, and the person who took my call was the person who arranged the engineer/part to be replaced. Also, the person was knowledgeable about the product.

No previous solution was being used.

It was straightforward. We went from proof of concept to production in days as opposed to weeks.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

Other Solutions Considered

• Quantum
  • Symantec

Other Advice

Clearly understand your needs before looking for a solution.

1 Comment

Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Thanks for the review - which StoreOnce appliance did you use? For those that don't know the portfolio well, I did a ChalkTalk (an easy on the eyes video format I use) that gives an overview of StoreOnce. Here's a blog post that has that ChalkTalk and more: hpstorage.me/1Ff6fB0

13 June 15