HPE StoreOnce Review

Multiple data types can be isolated and segregated to provide multi-tenancy.

What is most valuable?

The product was easy for me in terms of architecture, deployment and support. In comparison to other products I have worked with, these areas for HP have high scores.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided flexible options accommodating a broad range of uses. For example, multiple data types can be isolated and segregated to provide multi-tenancy.

What needs improvement?

Reporting needs to be worked on.

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

Yes we did, but it was resolved with a software upgrade.

No issues encountered.

Above average service.

Above average with excellent response times. In one case, I needed a hard drive replaced, and the person who took my call was the person who arranged the engineer/part to be replaced. Also, the person was knowledgeable about the product.

No previous solution was being used.

It was straightforward. We went from proof of concept to production in days as opposed to weeks.

We implemented it in-house.

• Quantum
  • Symantec

What other advice do I have?

Clearly understand your needs before looking for a solution.

1 Comment
author avatarCalvin Zito, HPEStorageGuy

Thanks for the review - which StoreOnce appliance did you use? For those that don't know the portfolio well, I did a ChalkTalk (an easy on the eyes video format I use) that gives an overview of StoreOnce. Here's a blog post that has that ChalkTalk and more: hpstorage.me/1Ff6fB0