HPE StoreOnce Review
It has given us the ability to run data straight from the device in case of a disaster.

Valuable Features

StoreOnce has the following advantages:

• Fast backup
  • No need to manage and store tapes
  • Ability to run data straight from the device in case of a disaster
  • Reliable compared to weekly problems with tapes
  • The data is replicated to two remote locations

Improvements to My Organization

We have moved away from tape backup.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year.

We had one problem when data replication got stuck and we had to ask HP for help.

No issues encountered.

It's very good.

It's very good.

We only used a tape solution. We switched because tapes are too slow, prone to mechanical problems, tape management is a burden, and the time taken to do a restore is slow.

It was easy. Also I did HPs StoreOnce training.

Implementation Team

HP installed the device for us, and showed us various configuration options. The team was very knowledgeable.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The initial cost was high, however, day to day costs are low.

Other Solutions Considered

I could not find a better product.

Other Advice

It is worth buying HP installation. It is difficult to estimate how much storage is needed as de-duplication depends on the type of data, so reserve extra money for expansions, and buy a model which can be expanded. Also, the StoreOnce course is very good.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Thanks for the review - StoreOnce is a hidden gem in the HP Storage portfolio? For those that don't know the portfolio well, here's a blog post with a good overview. Be sure to watch the videos too: http://hpstorage.me/1Ff6fB0

13 June 15