HPE StoreOnce Review

What is most valuable?

It's a leading-edge technology with the capabilities it brings. We need to buy less of it, which means it's more economical. We also really benefit from the GUI capabilities.

We're also able to create service stacks that are beneficial across other HP products.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it a lot more cost-effective because you're not buying ten pieces of technology separately. We bought it as a stack, racked it together, and it brought efficiency in terms of management, which means we've needed less resources.

While the setup was simple because of HP's involvement, it's been complex to run because of a third-party. They put it in a shiny new case and started changing some things. If they'd have left it alone, it would have been fine.

Our partner brought the technology to us, bought it on our behalf, and are running it on our behalf. They told us that they have a lot of knowledge and that they know how to run it, but in reality they don't and have not followed best practices. So now, they're kind of moved out. We're getting our hands around it ourselves, and it's behaving a lot better.

We're outsourced with a partner who recalls a larger amount of problems with the product.

We're able to scale it out to other centers.

I've used my HP account team, if that counts as technical support. They've been fantastic.

For me it was very much a legacy decision. People who were originally involved are no longer with us.

It was fairly simple to set up because we had HP involved.

Our partner implemented it for us, and the results have not been good.

The price puts me off. It's definitely on the high side.

What other advice do I have?

Don't be fooled by other organizations' marketing. Do your homework and make sure it suits your needs.