HPE StoreOnce Review

They provide me with everything in one box and I don't need to worry about other equipment.

Valuable Features:

We just put two StoreOnce appliances in our data center. They provide me with everything in one box and I don't need to worry about other equipment.

Improvements to My Organization:

We can focus on things more important than performing backups. It has everything we need and I think we've made a good decision.

Room for Improvement:

We want to be able to use Resource Monitoring and Control (RMC), but that won't come until the next version of the StoreOnce software. Now we're using Data Protector.

Stability Issues:

It's been up and running now for four months and we haven't had any issues.

Scalability Issues:

I just say I need X terabytes and I'm done. At the moment, we have around 150TB and we expect to grow because we're going more and more to video. We have four newspapers and an online presence with videos embedded in our stories.

Previous Solutions:

We were using a very old backup platform with tapes and an older version of Data Protector. We upgraded Data Protector and bought StoreOnce.

Other Advice:

I think you just have to experience it. You'll see that companies that use it have a good experience with it.