HPE StoreOnce Review

Speed of backups is the main value for us compared to what we were previously using.

What is most valuable?

For StoreOnce, we are using it in order to backup some databases. It works fine, and I think it's not a production device, but it still works fine. The time to do the backups is great for us because the last backups we used to have took at least 8 - 10 hours and at the moment the backups takes one hour or less.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us with the backups of our corporate database in order to have the information backed up in case of disaster. It's great for us to take the information in minutes, instead of hours.

What needs improvement?

It's not big, but it could be smaller and take up less space in the data center. I saw some devices here that are smaller with more power, and I think that StoreOnce could be the same.

I think that we've had it for two years and it doesn't have any issue at this moment.

I've never had to contact tech support.

We had an EMC Data Domain device, but I don't remember the model of it. We switched because HP promised us that it would be easier to manage, easy to implement with the technicals details we use each day.

It was quick and easy to install.

The time to implement, the time to acquire the solution, integrating with our infrastructure was easy and the price was very good.

What other advice do I have?

You need to work with a partner that knows the solutions deeply in order to implement the services and the solution well. It allowed us to provide the services that our customers needs.

More HPE StoreOnce reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Veritas and others in Deduplication Software. Updated: August 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.