HPE StoreOnce Review

My clients appreciate the deduplication ratios.

What is most valuable?

The features my clients appreciate more is the deduplication ratios. It's amazing. That technology can put tons of TBs in a fewer space.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are clear. They need to store their backups in a single space with this feature of deduplication, compression. The administration is so easy for them and the integration with their backup application they are using, like Data Protector, are so transparent.

What needs improvement?

The licence procedures: There is a team for the deployment and there's a team for the licence, but they don't communicate with each other. That's an issue for us.

My customers don't have any issues, important issues, with StoreOnce.

It's not necessary to scale the smaller equipment, and we haven't had to scale the larger equipment as our customers aren't there yet.

HPE have better support - hardware and software - compared to the competition. They appreciate it so much. Their response time is so good.

Complex for a technician is not an issue because it's very clear. Putting the StoreOnce in production is transparent for a technician who has a sense of knowledge and basically operating systems knowledge too.

We start up the equipment and we need to put the licence number and the serial number of the equipment but I had a problem with that. It is not clear which serial number we need to use. I had a problem with a client who used one serial number but that serial number wasn't the correct one. We needed to open a case for re-licensing the equipment. It takes about two weeks to put in the licence. It's not OK for us, for the client. It's the only issue I have with the StoreOnce.