What is most valuable?
The Catalyst Store with Data Protector:
- It is possible to use Ethernet and Fabric at the same time with the same device.
- The configuration of Data Protector is easy.
- The media administration in Data Protector was simplified.
- The recovery of the cell manager in a disaster is more easy.
- It is possible to see the information of backup task in the StoreOnce device; before that, this information was only in the Data Protector database.
How has it helped my organization?
We implemented Catalyst with Data Protector in March 2016; after the change, the recovery process time of one or two days was reduced to 30 minutes in most of cases.
What needs improvement?
I think the integration with Data Protector and virtual environments is an area for improvement.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using it for five months.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I did not encounter any stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have not yet encountered any scalability issues.
How are customer service and technical support?
I think that technical support is a weak point. I feel that technical support does not know the product. The call center is prepared to support a hardware error, but when we have any doubts regarding a new configuration, they have the same doubts. In this case, we need to contact some friends at HPE.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We previously used the same StoreOnce, but without Catalyst. Catalyst is the sum of NFS plus SAN disk in the same backup repository.
How was the initial setup?
Configuration is very simple; the problem was changing the minds of the operators.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
For a small configuration, it is expensive, but if you need to backup many servers with a lot of data, I think it is a good price.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
I evaluated EMC before choosing this product.