HPE StoreOnce Review

Easy to use with a centralized interface, with upgrades regularly available on the webpage

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for backing up data in the production process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ability to browse and get upgrades from the webpage. I can just go browse, then upgrade and update the firmware package. I manage StoreOnce from the OneView, which is an added advantage. The view of the portal is very good now.

From a centralized system, I can manage the interface, the backup policies, and the status of the database.

The new version is offering a cloud backup. It has keyboard data enclosed. It is also connected to the cloud storage.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to have a connection to the cloud.

The repository should have an extension to connect to the cloud and deposit the backups.

I would like to have it perform data deduplication on Azure through the WAN optimizer and some of the featured hardware.

I have been using this solution for five years.

This solution is stable to use.

We have four people using this solution, three of them are system administrators and one is a solution architect.

Each license has its capacity.

We are using it minimally, and we don't plan to increase our usage.

In terms of expanding, it depends on the type of license you have.

You have to purchase the license before you can add additional storage and space to expand.

We have not contacted technical support for the new version, but my experience with the previous versions, I would rate them an eight out of ten.

Overall I am satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple.

The deployment was slow at first. The configurations process took several hours to complete.

The implementation was done through a consultant.

There are costs for additional storage and space.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product.

We are customers but we have partners for purchasing only.

I would recommend this product for its usage, the installation, the storage, and its management. It's easy to use compared to other products.