HPE StoreVirtual Review

Valuable Features

While it's a simple system to work with, at the same time it gives a high level of data availability and resilience. We can utilize our existing hardware and save energy in cooling costs.

Improvements to My Organization

HP StoreVirtual added the benefits of a shared storage to a highly-virtualized environment:

• Live migration
  • High availability
  • Data protection (snapshots)
  • Better performance

Room for Improvement

I would like to have the option to configure and get detailed alerts from the Centralized Management Console.

Use of Solution

We have used this product since 2010.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

We have had no stability issues.

When it was deployed, we were just building our VM environment, and it's scaled out as our needs grew. We've had no issues with being unable to scale.

Customer service is brilliant.

Technical support is brilliant. HP technical support is great for sorting out the little issues as they arise.

We did not use a different solution. We chose StoreVirtual as it ticked many boxes in regards to our needs.

The initial setup is straightforward. As long as you have some experience with storage systems, you should be fine.

Implementation Team

The implementation was all completed in-house with some input from an HP partner.

ROI

I would estimate our ROI to be somewhere around 600%.

Other Advice

It’s a good, solid product. Make sure you get the HP care pack as you need it to access updates. If you can’t fit in your budget a hardware SAN, this is a good alternative.