HPE StoreVirtual Review

The network RAID feature provides maximum availability.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us what we want. It provides stability and availability. It is a very reliable solution.

What is most valuable?

The network RAID feature gives us maximum availability, since we cannot afford any downtime, even for a second. We need our systems continuously up.

What needs improvement?

The next release is already out and I found that the many of the improvements that we were thinking about in the product such as the dual controller, are already implemented.

The penalty for the availability is performance. So, you have to balance or choose between the availability and the performance. We chose availability, but it would have an impact in the performance.

Now, we're not afraid of anything that goes wrong.

We didn't have any problems. We scaled up a few years ago; the system was just fine.

We have used the technical support only for faulty replacements such as replacement of disks, for example. The contract was for the next business day. It was fine.

We were not using any other solution previously. Our partner suggested this product; we saw that it fits our needs and tried it out. We were quite pleased with the result and decided to invest in this solution.

I was involved in the setup process. It was easy.

What other advice do I have?

If this solution fits your needs and also if your environment is similar to ours, then we would suggest this solution.

The factors that we look at while selecting a vendor are that they should be innovative, provide a good support option and have reliable products. I don't want my product to fail.

More HPE StoreVirtual reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Red Hat Ceph Storage
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Nutanix, Red Hat and others in Software Defined Storage (SDS). Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.