HPE StoreVirtual Review

Offers a high end storage solution that I can present to my customers.

How has it helped my organization?

It offers, while still affordable, a really high end storage solution that I can present to my customers.

What is most valuable?

I guess on the top of the list is certainly ease of use. We're a smaller company, and we don't have a lot of engineers who can dedicate their time to a single product. I guess I'd also say reliability. I need something that just kind of works all the time. I don't have the time to be dedicating resources to fixing things.

What needs improvement?

For this particular product, I was talking to one of their storage people about it. They already added the few things that I needed. So I don't have anything major. But it would nice to have deduplication or compression, things that you have in some of the higher end products.

Stability is excellent.

Scalability is good, as well. We are certainly going to push the upper bounds of what it can do.

We have used technical support and it has been great. It is quick to get access to their support engineers, but also they solve every problem.

This is actually what we selected when we started this search. When selecting a vendor, cost is there, of course, but more than that, some of the other things I've mentioned: Ease of use, reliability, and support. The relationship goes a long way, too. Having access to people directly, whether that's sales engineers, or the sales team themselves. We are a small company, so getting attention from a big company like HPE is great. We probably wouldn't get that from other companies.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was very simple.

We started using this before HPE purchased it. It was LeftHand Network before. It was them versus HPE's SAN, so technically HPE was the other vendor. Now HPE owns it. We chose this solution because it was cluster storage, so for us and our size, it was a better product line.

What other advice do I have?

I would say with this particular solution, you're getting a lot when it comes in price point. You're getting a lot of features compared to some of the other products out there.

More HPE StoreVirtual reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Red Hat Ceph Storage
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Nutanix, Red Hat and others in Software Defined Storage (SDS). Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.