HPE StoreVirtual Review

Scalable and stable with good synchronous replication

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our servers and storage servers.

What is most valuable?

The synchronous replication is the solution's most valuable feature for our organization.

All the features we need are available in this product. It's a well-rounded solution.

What needs improvement?

The management aspect of the solution needs to be improved in order to make the product stronger.

We've been using the solution for four years now.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't had any issues with glitches or bugs.

An organization, if they need to, will be able to scale the solution. It's possible to expand it.

We've never directly been in touch with technical support. Our integrator handles any issues, so if they run into problems, they would be the ones to reach out to get assistance.

We previously used a different HP solution. We switched because this solution was less expensive and much more scalable.

I didn't handle the implementation myself and neither did my team, so I don't know enough about it to really talk about what was involved and if it was straightforward or not.

It may take one person to handle the maintenance, but we have an integrator that handles that aspect of the solution for us. We typically buy five or six days a year from our integrator in order for them to handle maintenance for us.

We had an external team handle the implementation for us. They are integrators and they continuously assist with maintenance on an ongoing basis.

For our organization, I believe the cost is 16,000 Euros for a three-year license. It costs a bit more to do the maintenance on our servers as well. It's also on an HP ProLiant server and an organization will need to do the maintenance there also. I believe the price for that is around 2000 Euros a year.

We didn't evaluate other options before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution on a daily basis. In general, we have about 350 individuals on it. They are largely a mix of engineers and architects.

The product we are currently using is at end-of-life, so it's not necessarily something I would recommend.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More HPE StoreVirtual reviews from users