HPE Superdome X Review

The most valuable feature for us is the nPar hard partitions.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is the great performance from the nPar hard partitions. This is an option that we really like. It's easy to extend, is stable, and very robust.

Improvements to My Organization

Our business is growing and we're getting more and more international. It's easy for us to extend a blade without any other new parts because the chassis is already there. And, of course, with the high performance, it's able to handle more and more users from our growing organization. This is where Superdome X's performance really shines.

Room for Improvement

Looking back to our original purchase of Superdome X, we bought the smallest model. Now, the newer models have more flexibility and power, and we're a little upset at ourselves that we didn't purchase the next level model. So, based on the model that we do have, I'd like more flexibility as we're only able to extend one blade for one to five kilobytes. Needless to say, this is getting too small for us.

It deploys without issues.

We had an old Superdome 2 before and the stability was quite great. Of course, stability is one of the most important parts of our business as it's the heart of our system. If this is down, the whole fiber group is down. We need 99.9% reliability. It's been running for a year now, and it has been working perfectly.

We've utilized the nPar hard partitions, and we now have a three-part Superdome in order to scale.

Technical support is great.

We made initial configurations to it since we got one of the first Superdome X machines in Europe. The initial setup went smoothly.

Other Solutions Considered

We always look at different vendors, but we've had very good experiences with HP and their robust, comprehensive offerings. We looked at Dell and IBM, but we're sticking with HP.

Other Advice

If you're looking for a solution where you need a lot of workload and power, it's a great solution. It wasn't so mature when we purchased it originally, but the later models are, and I highly recommend them.